April 16, 2012

A Liebster Award!

Up until yesterday, I have never heard of the Liebster Award.  Thanks to Melanie at Melanie the WIP Slayer, I have received this wonderful Award.  Although I am new to blogging, I know that I have a voice and have found a place to meet other like-minded stitchers! Melanie shares a love for stitching and I really enjoy seeing her "slay" many WIPs.


Liebster is a German word meaning favorite, dearest or beloved.  The Liebster Awards are awarded by bloggers to other, newer bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers to spread the word and help newer bloggers gain wider recognition.

The award comes with four conditions that each recipient must satisfy when accepting.

1.  Choose 5 up and coming blogs (with less then 200 followers) to award the Liebster to.

2.  Show thanks to the blogger who awarded the Liebster to you by linking back to them.

3.  Post the award on your blog.  List the bloggers you are giving awards to with links to their sites.  Comment on their blog to let them know you gave them the award.

4.  Share 5 random facts about yourself that people don't know.



The Five blogs I'd like to award are:


1) The Blogness of Our Life by my best friend, Jessica K.  She started a blog a while back but lost interest in it.  Recently, when I mentioned that I wanted to get into blogging, she dusted off her keyboard and decided to give it another try.


2) Stitching Under the Sea written by Leslie L.  She inspired me to start blogging in the first place.  Seeing her project come to life in pictures, made me want to share my love of stitching.


3) OpeWare written by Michael Y.  He chronicles the production of his various Android apps.  Many of which I use and enjoy.  My favorite app created by Michael is Stitcher's Helper.  I use this app almost daily to help keep track on my stitch project progress.


4)  Honeybee's Hive by another fellow stitcher, Melissa M.  Melissa shows off various stitch projects.


5) Stitchy Stitches by Jacqui. I enjoy reading about her WIPocalypse.


Now for the 5 Random Fact about me:


1) My favorite holiday is Halloween.  I start decorating for Halloween in September! I even started an online store selling Halloween Holiday Villages called The Village Shoppe.


2)  I like to stitch while listening to audio books.


3) My favorite movie is a toss-up between Dirty Dancing and Grease.


4) The first grown-up novel I ever read was called Second Child by John Saul.  It was a horror book.


5) I have four pets.  Two Labrador Retrievers, one male and one female; and two cats, one male and one female.


That was a very long post!  I want to Thank Melanie again!



No comments:

Post a Comment